Udupi city is the administrative headquarter of the Udupi District of Karnataka. Udupi is a prime tourist attraction in Karnataka. It is known for the famous Krishna Temple and the delectable Udupi cuisine which is famous all over South India. Udipi is often referred to as Lord Parashurama Kshetra and it is famous for Kanakana Kindi. It is an important center of pilgrimage and is known as Rajata Peetha and Shivalli. It is also known as the temple city. Udupi has more than 1.5 lakh residents who mostly speak in the Tulu language. The other languages spoken in the area are Konkani, Kannada, Hindi and English. Muslims living in Udupi speak in Urdu, Nawayathi and Beary. Udupi is slowly developing into a major town in Karnataka. Udupis economy is largely dependent on agriculture and fishing. The city has quite a few small-scale industries such as cashew industry and milk cooperatives. Udupi is of-late making its mark in the real estate industry as well. Udupi also has a local handloom sari industry, made of pure cotton. These lightweight sarees have art silk design and small motifs of art silk dotting. Manipal is a suburb of Udupi and hosts a number of famous educational institutions.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.