Udaipur is popularly known as the "City of Lakes." It is a major city in the Indian state of Rajasthan, which serves as the administrative headquarters of the Udaipur district. It was founded by the Rajput ruler Maharana Udai Singh II in 1559 and was the capital of the historic kingdom of Mewar in the earlier Rajputana Agency. The British annexed it into their territory as a princely state in 1818. The region became a part of Rajasthan after independence in 1947. The scenic city is surrounded by the Aravali Range, which separates it from the Thar Desert. Udaipur is a popular tourist destination. It is known for its ancient history, culture, spectacular locations and the palaces of the Rajput-era. It has a sophisticated lake system which earned it the nickname of the "City of Lakes." There are five the major lakes in and around the city. Udaipur is extremely popular for its huge historic forts, marvelous palaces, verdurous gardens, architectural temples, ancient structures, colorful festivals, traditional fairs, historical museums and galleries. Tourism primarily fuels the economy of Udaipur. However, smaller industries such as marble processing, chemical manufacturing, minerals, electronic manufacturing and the handicraft industry are also great contributors to the citys economy. A few popular tourist destinations in and around Udaipur are the renowned Jain Temple at Ranakpur, Chittorgarh, Mount Abu, Udaisagar Lake, Haldighati, Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary, etc.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.