Tiruvottiyur is located in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is a neighborhood in North Chennai, located within the Greater Chennai Corporation. It is often spelled as Thiruvottriyur or just TVT. The city belongs to the Tondiarpet division of the state. The city is located near Parrys and Chennai Central, yet it provides comparatively cheaper residential space along with decent amenities. Hence, it has become a much-coveted and sought after residential destination.The city comprises of industrial units, trading activity and fishing hamlets. Tiruvottiyur is easily accessible road and railway. There are around 2.5 lakh residents in Tiruvottiyur. It is believed that Thiruvottiyur was inhabited even before the city of Chennai was formed. There are many ancient as well as new temples in and around the city. Tiruvottiyur is a heavily populated suburb of Chennai. It has a few industrial establishments that employ a majority of the citys population. Business is another source of income for the residents. The fishing industry is also enormous in the city. The city is well-equipped with all the modern facilities and amenities. However, entertainment options are rather scarce in this city as a lot of movie theaters have been converted into real estate properties. The city is well-known for its food and a lot of hotels, restaurants and small food joints are distributed across the place. Thiruvottiyur is considered to be an economical housing zone. It is gradually developing on par with the other localities in Chennai.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.