Trichy or Tiruchirappalli is a tier II city in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is the fourth largest city in the state and also the headquarter of Tiruchirappalli District. It is divided into 60 wards for its current administration with a wide and diverse population of more than 9 lakh. Trichy is located at the geographic center of Tamil Nadu and in the vicinity of River Cauverys delta region. The city has a rich religious history and is an ancient region with a lot of cultural significance. Tiruchirappalli is a major hub for engineering equipment manufacturing and fabrication. The economy of the city is driven by trade and small-scale industries in textile manufacturing. The densely populated city of Trichy is encompassed by agricultural fields where finger millets, paddy and maize are cultivated. The city is also known for its tanneries, oil presses and cigar-manufacturing units. Trichy is a celebrated center for education. The city boasts of its 45 arts and science colleges, 40 polytechnic colleges apart from institutes of great repute such as NIT Trichy, IIIT Trichy, Anbil Dharmalingam Agricultural College and Research Institute, Anna University Tiruchirappalli, etc. Major tourist spots in the city include Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, Rock Fort Temple, Jambukeswarar Temple, St. Lourdes Church, Kallanai Dam, etc. Trichy is considered to be the third cleanest city in India preceded by Chandigarh and Mysore.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.