The holy city of Thanjavur is located in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is an important hub of religion, art, and architecture in South India. It was earlier known as Tanjore and had once served as the capital of the Chola Empire. Most of the famous temples in and around Thanjavur are from the Chola dynasty and they have now been turned into UNESCO World Heritage Monuments. The most popular among these is the Brihadeeswara Temple. It is situated in the center of Thanjavur. Thanjavur is also known for its uniquely styled Tanjore paintings. The city is located near Cauvery Delta and known for the fertile soil. This important agricultural center and is known as the "Rice bowl of Tamil Nadu." Legend says that the word Thanjavur is obtained from "Tanjan," who was an asura (devil) in the Hindu mythology. Tanjan was killed by the Hindu God Neelamegha Perumal (Vishnu) in the region that is now Thanjavur. Hence, the city is named so. The economy of the city is primarily driven by agriculture. Crops that are grown in Thanjavur are blackgram, banana, coconut, red gram, green gram, gingelly, ragi, sugarcane and maize. The city is an important center of silk weaving in Tamil Nadu and its Thanjavur silk sarees are popular throughout the country. Tourism is a large contributor to the citys economy - Hindu devotees and tourists from all over the world visit the city to explore its plethora of amazing old temples.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.