secunderabad is the twin city of Hyderabad. It is located in the Indian state of Telangana. It was named after Sikandar Jah, who was the 3rd Nizam of the Asaf Jahi dynasty. Hence it is sometimes spelled as Sikander-a-bad. Secunderabad was a British cantonment, founded in 1806. Secunderabad and Hyderabad are together referred to as the twin cities but they have very different histories and cultures. Secunderabad had developed directly under the British rule until independence whereas Hyderabad was a princely state and the capital of the Nizams. Secunderabad and Hyderabad were earlier divided by the Hussain Sagar lake. However, Secunderabad has been integrated into Hyderabads GHMC municipality. The two cities are collectively known as Hyderabad, Indias fifth largest metropolis. Secunderabad is one of the largest army and air force cantonments in India. The city hosts prestigious educational institutions like the Nizam College and the Osmania University. ITC, Infosys, Intergraph and Coromandel International are few of the many private companies that have set up their offices in Secunderabad. Secunderabad railway station is the headquarter of South Central Railway and it is a major center for railway activity. The city has several industrial areas such as Bolarum, Nacharam, Moula-Ali, Ghatkesar, etc. The Department of Atomic Energy has several units in the city like Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research, Nuclear Fuel Complex, ECIL, etc. located in and around Secunderabad.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.