saharsa is located in the Saharsa district of Bihar, near the banks of the Kosi River. The city functions as the administrative headquarter of the Saharsa district in the Mithila region of the state. It is also the capital and divisional headquarter of the Kosi Division that includes three districts. The name Saharsa is believed to have a reference to the Sahars Assembly Constituency, that consists of this city and its neighboring areas. The name originates from saharsha which means laden with joy in Sanskrit. Many residents of Saharsa speak in Maithili. Hindi and Urdu are also widely understood and spoken. The Bagmati and Kosi rivers, along with their tributaries ensure that the area is rich in the alluvial soil which supports cultivation. The main food crop grown here is paddy and the main cash crop is makhana. Bamboo and Teak trees are also largely grown, apart from mango, litchi, mustard, corn, wheat and sugarcane. There are many reputed educational institutes in Saharsa and it has a good network of roads and railway that connect the city to all the nearby areas.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.