The city of Raichur is located between Krishna and Tungabhadra rivers in the Indian state of Karnataka. The city houses around 2 lakh residents. Although Kannada is the main language of Raichur, Telugu and Urdu are also widely spoken. Raichur is known for its imposing Raichur Fort which was built in 1294. The fort contains stone inscriptions in Persian and Arabic that adds to its rich history. The had been a part of various empires including the Bahmanis, the Vijayanagara Empire and the Hyderabad empire. The city is also very rich from the epigraphical perspective. Hundreds of inscriptions have been found in the area, ranging from the Mauryan period till the Muslim period, belonging to almost every dynasty that ruled over the Decan. These inscriptions are in a variety of languages such as Kannada, Telugu, Arabic, Sanskrit, Prakrit, and Persian. There are gold mines surrounding the city of Raichur that vastly contribute to the economy of the city. The city is also a leading producer of cotton and oil.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.