Patiala is situated in the Indian state of Punjab. It is the administrative capital of Patiala District. The administration of the city is done through 57 wards which are administered by an elected representative. The city is located around the Qila Mubarak or the Fortunate Castle which was constructed in 1763 by the chieftain of the royal dynasty of the Patiala State, Baba Ala Singh. Patiala is the fourth largest city in Punjab and it houses the National Institute of Sports. Patiala was traditionally an agriculture-based economy. However, the city has now become home to plenty of manufacturing units that produce goods like cutting tools, power cables, etc. Some reputed educational institutions and universities in this city include the Thapar University, the Punjabi University, the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, the Netaji Subhash National Institute of Sports, the Government Medical College, etc. Patiala?s vintage location has led to the development of various tourist spots such as the Bahadurgarh Fort, Mubarak complex, the Gurdwara Dukh Niwaran Sahib, the Gurdwara Moti Bagh Sahib, Maa Kali Devi Mandir, QilaSheesh Mahal, Baradari Gardens, etc.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.