Panchkula is a well-planned city located in the Indian state of Haryana. It lies adjacent to the union territory of Chandigarh and Mohali. Panchkula is a part of Greater Chandigarh which is also called the Chandigarh capital region. The Chandigarh-Mohali-Panchkula metropolitan area together forms a Chandigarh Tricity, which has a combined population of over 2 million. Panchkula alone has an approximate population of more than 5.5 lakh people. Panchkula hosts the Chandimandir Cantonment, the headquarters of the Indian Armys Western Command. The word "Panchkula" is derived from the words panch which means five in Sanskrit and kula which is the Sanskrit word for canals. Therefore the name of the city possibly refers to the five irrigation canals which distribute water to several parts of the city from the Ghaggar-Hakra River. The IT Park at Panchkula is a state of art infrastructure that aims to facilitate information technology in the city. The IT Park is spread over a vast expanse of 74 acres of land and is situates on the foothills of Shivalik Hills. It provides employment opportunities to the residents as well as migrants from other parts of the country. Tourism is another great source of economic growth. The places in and around Panchkula that are worth visiting are Pinjore Gardens, National Cactus and Succulent Botanical Garden and Research Centre, Kaushalya Dam, Khol Hi-Raitan Wildlife Sanctuary, Bir Shikargah Wildlife Sanctuary, and several temples.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.