Pallavaram, situated in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, was originally known as Pallava Puram. It is a residential locality in Chennai. It is known for its bustling residential colonies and cantonments. The Pallavaram railway station serves the neighborhood and it belongs to the Chennai Suburban Railway Network. The historical town of Pallavaram has been resided in since the Paleolithic Age. Pallavaram has derived its name from the Pallava settlement in the area. The cantonment and aerodrome were built during the British rule. The British conducted mining activities on Pallavaram Hill. The hill, made of charnockite rock, presumably possesses healing properties. This city is one of the oldest inhabited regions in South India as many stone age artifacts have been uncovered in the area. The city has more than 2 lakh residents who speak in Tamil. Most of the residents work in various service sectors in the neighboring city of Chennai.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.