Pali is an industrial city in the Indian state of Rajasthan. It is situated in the Marwar region of the state and functions as the administrative headquarters of the Pali District. The city of Pali was formerly known as Pallika and Palli. Located on the bans of the Bandi river, Pali was a trade center since ancient times. Pali is famous for its textile industries. Synthetic and cotton clothes, as well as yarn, is exported to other Indian states at a very cheap rate. Some new industries like Bangles, Marble cutting, marble finishing have recently emerged in the area. The city hosts the Maharaja Shree Umaid Mills which is the biggest cotton mill of Rajasthan and employs 3000 workers. There are three industrial areas in Pali known as the Mandia road industrial area, the Punayata industrial area and the industrial area phase 1& 2. The Mandia road area is the biggest and the oldest industrial area that houses innumerable manufacturing units of several renowned companies, mostly specializing in the textile industry. The Punayata industrial area has recently become a major landmark for Industrialists to set up new businesses. Additionally, several other industries such as leather products, agriculture instruments, chemicals, cement, granite, etc. have been set up in and around the city. Although these industries fuel the economy of Pali, they have also been criticized for causing severe pollution in the area.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.