Ongole is located in the Prakasam district of the South-Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The city operates as a municipal corporation as well as the headquarters of the Prakasam district. Ongole also serves as the headquarters of the Ongole mandal in the Ongole revenue division. The city is known for its Ongole cattle, which is a breed of oxen and is a part of the worlds major zebu cattle breeds. The narrow streams of the Gundlakamma river pass through the city. Ongole has around 2 lakh residents who speak in Telugu. Agriculture fuels the economy of Ongole. The city is a center for trading tobacco in Andhra Pradesh. Many units of Galaxy Granite polishing provide a huge employment source to the residents of Ongole. The famous Ongole bulls are actually a breed of Oxen. These animals are exported to various countries. The Brahman bull found in America is considered to be an off-breed of the Ongole. Such off-breeds are found in Malaysia and Brazil too. The original breed of this animal is found in a tiny region around the town, in between the Gundlakamma and Musi Rivers. Ongole is also known for its beautiful parks and educational institutes.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.