Nellore, situated in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, is also known as Vikrama Simhapuri. Various dynasties like the Mauryas, Ashoka the Great, the Vijayanagara Empire, the Cholas, the Pallavas and other empires had ruled over this area for years. The modern administration of the city is carried out by an elected representative for each of its 56 wards. The city functions as the headquarters of Nellore District. The fertile banks of River Penna support the cultivation of paddy at Nellore. The economy or trade in Nellore mainly depends upon agricultural produce along with other modern industries such as hardware, textile, automobile, consumer goods and other SMEs. There are a few of large industrial estates in and around the city that houses units of Nippo batteries and Apache leather shoes. Shrimp culturing is quite famous at Nellore, owing to its proximity to the sea. Nellore has many educational institutions and universities and many other schools and colleges. Some of the well-known tourist attractions in and around Nellore include the Barashaheed Dargah, the Venkatagiri Fort, the Tikkana Park, the Udayagiri Fort, the Nellapattu Bird Sanctuary, the Nellore Ranganatha Temple, etc.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.