The city of Nandyal is situated in the Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh. It functions as a municipality as well as the headquarter of the Nandyal Mandal in the Nandyal revenue division. There are over 2 lakh residents in this city and they speak in Telugu. The City was earlier known as Nandalluru. It receives its name from Nandi, the vehicle or "vahana" of Lord Shiva. The word Aalaya means house or abode in Sanskrit. The city of Nandyal is surrounded by nine Nandis. Hence, it was named as Nandi Aalaya. Over the time, the name got modified to Nandyala or Nandyal, which is the present name of the city. Nandyal is surrounded by nine temples of Nandi, the bull. These bull temples are collectively known as the Nava Nandi. The largest Nandi idol in the city is in Sri Yaganti Uma Maheswara Temple. The Archaeological Survey of India claims that the rock grows at a rate of 1 inch in 20 years. Nandyal is a major hub of industries as well as agriculture. The city is rich in natural resources like marble. Additionally, there are numerous rice mills and oil mills in the area apart from a few industries that produce milk, soft drinks, sugar, PVC pipes, etc. A few famous companies like Milk Dairy, Nandi Polymers, S. P. Y. Agro and Nandi Steels have set up their units in the city.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.