Naihati is a riverside town in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is situated in the Barrackpore subdivision of the North 24 Parganas district. Naihati municipality, established in 1869, is one of the oldest in the country. Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay, who wrote Indias national song Vande Mataram, was born in Naihati. Naihati had a vibrant industrial area. The jute mills along the bank of the Hooghly River were thriving and prosperous at a time, which attracted a lot of immigrants from the neighboring state of Bihar and Odisha. Hence, a large portion of Naihatis 2 lakh residents are immigrants who have settled down in shanty towns around the mill area. The Jenson & Nicholson factory was the first of its kind to be set up at Naihati. It produces paints, varnishes, pigments and allied products. The Gouripore Jute Mill and the Nuddea Jute Mills were leading providers of employment in Naihati. Naihati is also notable for fish farming - various genus of fish like Katla, Koi, Magur, Pabda, Rohu, etc. are reared in several fisheries in the area. Naihati railway station is also an important railway junction on the Indian Railways network. Durga Puja and Kali Puja are celebrated at Naihati with much pomp and show.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.