Morbi or Morvi is situated in the Morbi district of Gujarat. It used to be a Princely State that was ruled by the Ranas of Rajputs before the Indian independence in 1947. During the British era, the Morvi State was one among the several princely states that were governed by the Jadeja dynasty of Rajputs. The city is on the Kathiawar peninsula and is situated on the Machhu River. The dam on this river caused the Morbi disaster in 1979 when the Machu-2 dam burst, sending an enormous wall of water through the town and flooded Morbi. As of the latest census, Morbi has around 2 lakh residents who speak in Gujarati. Morbi experienced dynamic development n between 1922 and 1948, during which Sir Lakhdhiraji Waghji ensured commendable town planning and constructed many heritage buildings in and around the city. Morbi is known for its production of ceramic items and Compact Fluorescent Lamp. Moreover, the city is known to be the largest manufacturers of wall clocks in India.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.