Miryalaguda is located in the Nalgonda district of Telangana. The city is being developed under the Indian Governments Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation scheme. The city has around 1 lakh residents and Telugu is the commonly spoken language in the area, followed by Urdu. The population of Miryalaguda comprises Hindu as well as Muslims. Apart from the regular festivals like Dusshera, Diwali, Ganesh Chaturthi, several regional festivals such as Bonalu and Bathkamma are celebrated in the area. The Muslims celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr, Ramadan, Milad-un-Nabi and Muharram. Water from the Left canal of Nagarjuna Sagar provides irrigation to Miryalguda, making the city green and commercially rich. Miryalguda is famous for the cultivation of paddy. It is one of the top 5 paddy markets in the state. Rapid expansion invited a lot of new settlers to Miryalaguda, which made the city quite congested. The city has many rice mills which provide employment opportunities to its residents.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.