Mangalore has been recently renamed as Mangaluru. It is a well-known port town in the Indian state of Karnataka. The city serves as the administrative headquarters of the Canara region of Karnataka. It is well known for its splendid beaches as well as a relaxed lifestyle. The Mangalore port fuels the development of the city, making it strategically the most important city on the Malabar coast. Mangalore, being one of the most cosmopolitan towns in the region, has a diverse population. The city lies on the estuary of the Netravati river and thus has a very fertile soil which supports the cultivation of coffee and cashews. Exports, commerce and petrochemicals drive the economy of the city. The IT industry is gradually gaining prominence in Mangalore as companies like Infosys, Cognizant, Mphasis have recently opened their offices in the city. Mangalore has large petrochemical companies like MRPL, MCF, ELF. Mangalore along with the adjoining city of Manipal combine to form a hub for education. Institutes like NIT Ranchihkal, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University, Mangalore University, etc. attract students from all over the country. Mangalore boasts of its natural beauty and tourists flock to the city to relish the pleasant aura of the Tannirbhavi beach, the Panambur beach, St. Marys island, Kudroli Gokarnath Temple, Kadri Manjunath temple, Sammilan Shettys butterfly park, Rosario Cathedral, etc.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.