Madanapalle is located in the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh. The town functions as the headquarter of the Madanapalle revenue division and mandal. The town was founded by Sri Ahobila Nayunivaru in 1618 AD. The economy of Madanapalle is based on agriculture. The main cultivated products are tomato, mango, groundnut, tamarind, etc. It is the largest tomato market in Asia. The tomatoes from this area are supplied to many Indian states. Madanapalle is known for its silk products like silk saris and dress materials. One can get good quality silk products at nominal costs. These silk garments are supplied to all major cities in South India such as Bangalore, Chennai and all silk product towns for sales. Madanapalle surroundings have enormous reserves of granite. Madanapalle is well connected to all nearby areas via road and rail. Three Bus terminals provide services in Madanapalle. Madanapalle Road Railway Station connects the town to the nearby cities of Guntakal and Secunderabad.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.