The growing city of Khammam is located in the district of the same name in the Indian state of Telangana. It also functions as the headquarters of the Khammam district and the Khammam mandal. The citys was once called "Kammam mettu." Munneru, a tributary of River Krishna, flows through this city. Khammam receives much higher annual rainfall than the rest of the state and hence the city has been flooded a few times recently. The city is governed by Khammam Municipal Corporation. Administratively, the city is divided into 41 election wards and 11 revenue wards. There are several colleges in Khammam that offer courses in pharmacy such as Khammam college Of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Browns College Of Pharmacy, etc. The Khammam Fort was constructed in 950 AD by the Kakatiya Dynasty. The fort is perched on a hillock overlooking the city and serves as a major tourist attraction. The Lakaram Lake is also another major tourist attraction. Apart from these, there are quite a few other places in and around the city that are appealing to tourists. Ballepalli, Bhadrachalam, Parnasala, Nelakondapalli are a few among them.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.