The city of Junagadh in the Indian state of Gujarat functions as the headquarters of the Junagadh district. It is the 7th largest city in Gujarat, situated at the base of the Girnar hills. There are two rivers flowing through the city, namely Sonrakh and Kalwo. The name of the city literally translates to "Old Fort." The city was earlier a princely state and is also known by its previous name "Sorath." Junagadh was initially a part of the Saurashtra state and later belonged to the Bombay state. After the Maha Gujarat movement in 1960, the city became a part of the newly formed state of Gujarat. Mountainous region and forest reserves constitute the topography of Junagadh which doesnt support the growth of industries or plants in the area. The main source of economic growth for Junagadh is its mineral-based cement industry, agricultural production and the power sector. There are huge reserves of limestone in the vicinity of Junagadh, which ensures a thriving cement industry. The major crops cultivated in the area are wheat, oilseeds, cotton, mango, groundnut, garlic, banana, onion and brinjal. There are spectacular tourist spots in Junagadh. The Uparkot Fort is an impressive fort that was built by Chandragupta during the Mauryan rule. The temple at Somnath is famous among Hindu devotees. The Gir Forest National Park draws numerous tourists every year.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.