The city of Howrah is considered to be Kolkata?s twin. It is an industrial city situated in the eastern Indian state of West Bengal. The Hooghly River acts as a divider between Howrah and the state capital Kolkata. Thus, this city lies on the banks of the Hooghly River and hosts the administrative headquarters of Howrah district. There are four famous bridges in Howrah that connects it to Kolkata. Among these, the Howrah bridge is a popular landmark. The city has a long history and rich culture tied with that of Kolkata. The economy of the city is chiefly dependent on agriculture and manufacturing industries. Crops such as paddy, oilseeds, pulses, potato and vegetables are grown as well as traded. The Howrah railway station has remarkable connectivity. The busiest railway station in the state, it not only connects the capital city of Kolkata to all its suburbs and neighboring cities but also connects it to the rest of the country through the Eastern and South-eastern Railways. Howrah houses educational institutions and universities like Bengal Engineering and Science University (BESU) and Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira. Tourists who visit Kolkata enjoy a stroll in the Indian Botanical Garden at Howrah which houses the largest Banyan Tree in the world. The Rail Museum located near the Howrah Railway station is an enjoyable experience for children. The Belur Math Ramakrishna Mission is a scenic spot that attracts tourists as well as devotees.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.