Hindupur is located in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. It functions as the headquarters of the Hindupur revenue division and mandal. This town houses more than 1.5 lakh residents who primarily speak in Telugu. Hindupur is a commercially and industrially populous town. Hindupur is an important pilgrim; Sri Ranganath Swamy Temple and near Lepakshi temple attracts thousands of pilgrims every year. The municipal town of Hindupur is divided into 38 election wards and 30 revenue wards to ensure effective governance. Hindupur lies on the banks of River Penna. However, the agricultural scenario in the area is largely dependant upon rains and often suffers from the shortage of drinking water and crop failures due to the lack of adequate rain. agricultural requirements. Hindupur is a leading commercial center in the Rayalaseema Region. Cloth business is the most important business in Hindupur along with various products such as jaggery, tamarind, groundnuts, chilies and pulses. Mulberry cocoons are also procured in this town which results in the production of silk threads and silk sarees. Silk trade is gaining momentum at Hindupur as one of the important commercial activities and it might soon develop for the foreign export of silk fabrics. The area also has a few cottage industries like starch factories, beedi making, oil mills, match factories and agarbathi units.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.