The city of Hapur is located in the district of the same name in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It was earlier known as Haripur. The city falls under the National Capital Region and functions as the headquarters of the Hapur district. The city had been under the dominance of the French and the British. It has always been known for its several fine groves that surround the city. The economy of Hapur depends upon the cultivation and trade of sugar, grain, bamboo, cotton and timber. Brass utensils are also manufactured in Hapur and exported. The city is being rapidly developed. The Hapur-Pilkhuwa Development Region is being set up with many colleges, schools and a research institute. Housing complexes are also being constructed with large amounts of investment from famous developers such as Ansal Housing Group, Eros Group, etc. The city has an approximate population of 2.5 lakh residents. Steady and rapid urbanization will make Hapur a much-coveted place to settle in.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.