Hajipur is the largest city in the Vaishali district of Bihar. It is located in the Tirhut Division and functions as the district headquarters. This city is closely following Patna in terms of rapid development. Hajipur has a total population of nearly 4.5 lakh. It is a leading city in Bihar in terms of growth. Hajipur falls within the territorial boundaries of the Patna Regional Development Authority area. It is linked to Patna via Mahatma Gandhi Setu which is one of the longest bridges in the country, stretching over nearly 6 kilometers. The town was founded by Haji Ilyas Shah, a King of Bengal, and the town has been named after him. The economy of Hajipur is service-orientated as 55% of the total population is employed in the service sector. Hajipur also has a minor industrial sector and an agricultural base. The city is known for its banana cultivation. The industrial area at Hajipur houses brands of FMCG and agro-based companies such as Pepsico, Britaniya, HUL, Godrej, Anmol, Bansal, etc. The various places of interest in and around the city include the Ramchaura Mandir, Kaun Haara Ghat, Nepali Mandir, Pataleshwar Mandir, Bateshwar Nath Temple, Sonepur Cattle Fair, Vaishali Mahotsava, Baithakji Hajipur, etc.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.