Gudivada is situated in the Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh. The city functions as the headquarter of the Gudivada revenue division and the Gudivada Mandal. Gudivada is a part of the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region, located in the Coastal Andhra region of the state. Gudivada has a population of more than 1 lakh residents who commonly use the Telugu language. Gudivada has derived its name from the words Gudi which means Temple and Vada which means settlement or town in Telugu. As per some inscriptions, the town has been inhabited since the 3rd Century or 2nd Century BCE, since the time of the Sathavahanas. Archaeological excavations conducted at Gudivada found an ancient Buddhist stupa mound and several Jain relics. Hence, Gudivada is a religiously diversified town with numerous Hindu Temples and important Jain Tirth as well. The city is divided into 36 election wards for effective governance. There are six temples at Gudivada under the management of the Endowments Department - Sri Gowri Sankara Swamy Temple, Sri Bhimeswara Swamy Temple, Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Temple, Sri Venugopala Swamy Temple, Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple and Sri Vigneswara Swamy Temple. There are many government-run as well as private educational institutions in Gudivada. This town has a good network of roads and railway which connect it to all nearby areas.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.