The ancient city of Gaya in the Indian state of Bihar has great historical and mythological significance. It is located on the banks of the Phalgu River and is considered to be a place sanctified by the Hindu, Jain and Buddhist religions. Gaya is surrounded by small rocky hills on three sides and the river on the fourth side. The city displays a harmonious mix of natural surroundings, ancient buildings, greenery and narrow by-lanes. Gaya has been mentioned in the great Hindu epics of Ramayana and Mahabharata. Rama, Sita and Lakshmana had visited Gaya to offer "pind-daan" after their father Dasharaths death. The place appears as Gayapuri in the Mahabharata. Gaya has many household industries like incense sticks, stone crafting, power looms as well as local sweets like tilkut and lai. There are some small-scale manufacturing industries for packaging, plastic products, scrap and handlooms. Gaya is an important center for religious tourism. Hence, there are numerous affordable Hotels and other accommodations which contribute to the citys economy. Gaya boasts of a bright educational history. Pristine institutions such as the Magadh University, the Gaya College, the Gaya Engineering College support the education of the youth. A branch of the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bodhgaya has also been recently established in Gaya.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.