Eluru is a small city in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It also functions as the district headquarters of the West Godavari district as well as the Mandal headquarters of the Eluru Mandal in the Eluru revenue division. The city lies beside the Tammileru river. The city is well known for its carpets, wool-pile and hand woven products. Eluru has a population of more than 2 lakh people and experiences a hot and humid climate. Eluru Municipal Corporation is the civic body governing Eluru, which includes the census towns of Sanivarapupeta, Tangellamudi, Satrampadu, Gavaravaram, parts of Komadavole and Eluru villages. Eluru has been known for rug weaving since the 17 century - an art derived from the weavers of Iranian descendants. The thriving wool-pile and carpet industry boosts the citys economy. The eco-friendly carpets are exported to various countries. Buddha Park at Eluru is a popular tourist destination. The Kolleru Bird Sanctuary is home to many native and migratory birds. Fr. Silvio Pasquali Memorial Convent at Duggirala contains a replica of the ?Holy Land? of Israel, which is definitely worth a visit.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.