Dindigul is situated in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It was earlier known as Ti??ukkal. Dindigul is located amidst the Palani and Sirumalai Hills and has a large reserved forest area. This ancient settlement is believed to have been ruled by various dynasties like the Pandyas, the Cholas, the Pallavas, the Madurai Sultanate, the Vijayanagara Empire, the Dindigul Sultanates, the Madurai Nayak Dynasty as well as the British. Dindigul proudly houses a number of historical monuments and Rock Fort is the most prominent one among them. The hosts more than 2 lakh people who mainly speak in Tamil. Dindigul is well-connected to the rest of the city through roads and railway. Dindigul has several industrial units in safety lock making, textile spinning, leather tanneries, agricultural trading, administrative services, agricultural machinery, banking and educational services. Additionally, Dindigul has vast expanses of cultivation land. Agriculture is the chief occupation of its residents. The climatic condition of Dindigul is highly conducive for horticulture and agriculture. Hence, non-food crops such as coffee, flowers, tobacco, and eucalyptus are grown in this city. Wholesale trading of fruits such as orange, pineapple, sapota and guava are extensively done at Dindigul. Various temples, mosques and churches are found in the area with intriguing architectural styles from various ruling dynasties.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.