Dharmavaram is situated in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. It functions as the divisional headquarter of the Dharmavaram revenue division and the Dharmavaram Mandal. The huge tank at Dharmavaram was built by Kriyasakthi Odeyar, whose mothers name was Dharmamba. The city has got its name there. Dharmavaram is known for cotton and silk weaving industries. The handloom silk sarees of Dharmavaram are popular all over South India. It is often called the silk City of Andhra Pradesh. The economy of the town is driven by the weaving industry. The major crop cultivated in this area is groundnut. Leather puppets are manufactured at Dharmavaram and the city is quite famous for it. Around 1.2 lakh residents live in Dharmavaram, who mostly speak in Telugu. Dharmavaram has adequate government schools to impart primary and secondary school education. It also has a few aided and private schools and colleges. The city has good connectivity in terms of roads and railway.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.