The city of Dewas is located on the Malwa plateau in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It functions as the administrative center of the Dewas District. Dewas is an industrial city. It houses a government bank note press which happens to be the largest of its kind in Asia. The word Dewas is assumed to be a combination of the words Dev which means deity and Vas which means abode; so Dewas refers to the house of the God. The city lies at the foot of a conical hill, known as Chamunda hill, which has the shrine of the Goddess Vashini on its peak. The city was known for being a production center of retail opium during the 19th century. The city has many industrial units of companies like Tata, Kirloskar, Arvind Mills, Gajra Gears, Sun Pharma Industries Limited, etc. employing thousands of workers. The city is known for its soya bean processing industry in the country. Places of tourist interest in and around Dewas are Mata Tekri, Kaila Devi temple, Meetha Talab, Chamunda Hills, etc.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.