Cuttack is the commercial capital as well as the second largest city in the Indian state of Odisha. The city center is situated between the Mahanadi river and the Kathajodi river. The city is developing and expanding constantly. Odishas high court is located Cuttack, making it the judicial capital of the state. Cuttack city is divided into 54 administrative wards headed by an elected representative. The economy of the city was traditionally fuelled by trade facilitated by strong textile industry. Currently there are many large-scale industries of the steel, power, automobile and alloys which contribute to the economy as well as cater to the employment needs of the city. Cuttack is soon growing into a hub for the IT and BPO sectors. SEZs or Special Economic Zones are being established in the area to attract a good number of players in the software sector. Cuttack is home to the Barabati stadium which hosts a lot of international cricket matches. The educational infrastructure in the city is strong with the presence of noted institutions like Ravenshaw University, IMIT, IITM, NLU, Cuttack college, Netaji city college, etc. Tourists visiting Cuttack can roam around places of interest like the Barbati fort, the Maritime Museum, the Netaji museum, the Freedom fighters memorial, etc. Cuttack also hosts a lot of pilgrimages for both Hindu and Muslim devotees.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.