The city of Chittoor is also the district headquarter of the Chittoor district in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh and thus there are many district-level government institutions in this city. Chittoor also functions as the headquarters of the Chittoor Mandal and the Chittoor revenue division. The city has a population of more than 3.5 lakh residents who majorly speak in Telugu. However, the city also houses many Tamil, Kannada and Marathi speaking people. Chittoor is located in the southernmost part of Andhra Pradesh, on the banks of River Neeva. The economy of Chittoor is predominantly run by its agro-market. The city witnesses the production and trade of mango, grain, sugarcane and peanut. Tomato farming in Chittoor contributes to over 20% of the States production of tomatoes. The other industries in the region include oilseed, poultry and milk. It is the second largest milk producing district in the state and has an expansive dairy industry. Chittoor is also known for its textile industry. Silk is weaved in 13,000 power looms, providing employment to more than 40,000 workers. The granite industry is also known for its production of black, pink and grey granites. The historical Chandragiri Fort from the 11th century is the most notable landmark near Chittoor. Ardhagiri Anjaneyaswamy temple and Swayambu Varasidhi Vinayakaswamy temple are other notable landmarks in and around Chittoor.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.