The city of Chandrapur is situated in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is a municipal corporation in Chandrapur district and serves as the center of governance of the eponymous district. Chandrapur was originally a Fort city that was founded by a Gond king by the name of Khandakya Ballal Sah in the 13th century. Situated at the confluence of Rivers Irai and Zarpat, the area surrounding the city is rich in minerals, especially coal. Therefore, Chandrapur is popularly known as the "black gold city." The city experiences a hot and dry climate. Chandrapur has around 3.8 lakh residents who mostly speak in Marathi. The natives belonging to the Gond tribe use the Gondi language, whereas Telugu is also widely spoken by Telugu settlers in Chandrapur. Most of the residents are fluent in Hindi and many can speak English. Coal mining mainly fuels the economy of this city, backed by other emerging industries such as cement making, paper manufacturing, and ferroalloy manufacturing. The Chandrapur Super Thermal Power Station employs thousands of residents and also supplies more than 25% of Maharashtras electricity. The Tadoba National Tiger Reserve in the vicinity of Chandrapur is a major attraction for tourists and environmentalists.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.