Bhimavaram is situated in the West Godavari district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The administrative headquarter of the Bhimavaram Mandal in the Narasapuram revenue division is situated at Bhimavaram. The city has around 1.5 lakh residents who speak in Telugu. Bhimavaram was under the reign of the Chola dynasty, proven by many stone inscriptions found in the town from this era. The name Bhimavaram literally translates to "the gift of Bhima". Legend says that a king named Chalukya Bheema had built a Siva temple in the 1st century which led to the foundation of this town. It was earlier called "Bhimapuram", which gradually changed to "Bhimavaram." This town is in the epicenter of the fertile Godavari delta region, which makes it a principal trade center of paddy. Agriculture-based businesses thrive in the area. Food processing, aquaculture, rice mills, etc., are the main sources of economic growth of the town. Bhimavaram is the regional center for higher education as well as specialized health services. Bhimavaram is recognized for the Gunupudi Someswara temple. Built during the 3rd century AD, this temple is one of the five holy Pancharamas. The Shiva lingam idol in this temple is known for changing its color. As per the lunar calendar, it turns black during the new moon and white during the full moon. It is a place of major tourist attraction.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.