The Indian city of Bhavnagar is situated in the western state of Gujarat. It is often called ?Bhavena? by the residents. The city serves as the administrative headquarters of Bhavnagar District which was established by and named after Bhavsinhji Gohil. Bhavnagar city was the former capital of the Bhavnagar princely state, which was later merged into India in 1948. The city is a gateway to the Saurashtra region of Gujarat. It has some of the holiest temples of the Jain religion. The economy of this city is primarily industrial in nature. There are a large number of medium and small-scale industries based in the city. Diamond cutting and polishing units, plastics, salt and marine chemicals, shipbuilding and ship-breaking industries are widely popular in the Bhavnagar area. Besides the industrial units, the citys economy also benefits from agriculture. Groundnut, onion, cotton, bajra, guavas and pomegranate and mango are cultivated and traded. The city is known for its version of the traditional Gujarati snack Ganthiya. There are many government-run as well as private educational institutions in this city. Moreover, Bhavnagar attracts quite a lot of religious pilgrims since it is close to the Palitana Jain Temples. Other places like Blackbuck National Park, Takhteshwar Temple, Khodiyar Mandir, Victoria Park, Nilambag Palace Hotel, etc. also attract many tourists.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.