The city of Bellary in the Indian state of Karnataka is also known as the corporation city. It has several other names such as Kuntala Desha, Sindavadi-Nadu and Nolambavadi-Nadu. It is a very well-known mining town. Various dynasties like the Chalukyas, the Vijanagara Empire, the Marathas, the Nizams, the Sultans, etc. have ruled over this city for years. Bellary is divided into 35 wards in order to ensure effective governance and administration, which is managed by elected representatives. The main source of the citys economy is from the industries like mining and agriculture. The city houses various industries like steel, textiles, garments and rice mills. Bellary attracts tourists in between October and December from India and abroad. The city is known for its majestic forts, serene hills, verdant parks, gardens and green spaces. Popular tourist spots in Bellary include the Bellari fort, The Ballari and Kumbara Rock Hills, Bellary Zoo, Kuntegadda Park, Kaategudda Park, Nagaruru Narayanarao Park, etc. The city has a multi-lingual community. While Kannada is the official language, Telugu is the most widely used language in this city. Moreover, Dakhini and Hindi are also spoken by many. There are several minority speakers of Gujarati, Rajasthani, Punjabi, Urdu, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi, Marwari, Nepali, Odia, Bihari, and Manipuri.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.