Bally is a town in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is situated in the Howrah District and falls under the Howrah Municipal Corporation. The town is located on the banks of the Hooghly River and strategically stands in between two famous tourist spots - the Dakshineswar Kali Temple and the Belur Math. Bally is very well connected by road, rail as well as water. Three major railway lines pass through Bally - the Howrah-Barddhaman Chord Line, the Howrah?Bardhaman main line and the Sealdah-Dankuni Line. The town of Bally has five railway stations - Bally junction, Bally Ghat, Bally Halt, Rajchandrapur and Belanagar. The Grand Trunk Road passes through this town. Two bridges across the Hooghly river connects Bally with the metro city of Kolkata - the Vivekananda Setu (also known as Bally Bridge) and the Nivedita Setu. Bally also has a ferry pier called Bally Ghat which runs ferry services on the river. Bally is a residential suburb of Kolkata and most of its residents travel to the city for work.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.