Avadi is a residential city near Chennai in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is considered to be a Special Grade Municipality of the Chennai Metropolitan Area which is soon to receive an upgrade to a Corporation. It is a developed area with around 3.5 lakh population. It is believed that the citys name is an acronym for Armoured Vehicles and Ammunition Depot of India. The lies on the banks of the huge and thriving Avadi Lake. The water from the lake is often utilized for the cultivation of farmlands and it also attracts several birds during various seasons. This advanced city has a renowned waste management system which converts solid household wastes into compost and manure. Avadis government establishment mainly drives its economy. The major military divisions in the vicinity of Avadi are the Indian Army, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, Heavy Vehicles Factory, Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment, CRPF, The Ordnance Depot, Central Vehicle Depot, etc. The city is known for its plenty of Hindu temples.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.