The city of Alwar in the Indian state of Rajasthan is located within Indias National Capital Region. It functions as the administrative headquarters of the eponymous district in Rajasthan. It was formerly known as Ulwar. The city is a hub of tourism as it has several forts, lakes, heritage havelis as well as nature reserves in and around the city. Alwar houses Rajasthans very first private engineering college called the Institute of Engineering and Technology. The city is fairly rich in minerals. Traces of marble, granite, feldspar, dolomite, quartz, limestone, soapstone, barites, copper clay, copper ore and pyrophyllite are found in and around the city. Tourism fuels the economy of Alwar as the city is home to exotic locations of tourist interest. The Bhangarh Fort and the Sariska Tiger Reserve are major tourist attractions. Fairy Queen, Bala Qila, City Palace, Moosi Maharani ki Chhatri, Ashokas Buddhist stupa, Hill Fort Kesroli, etc are other dynamic places that attract tourists to Alwar.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.