The city of Kadapa was earlier known as Cuddapah. Situated in the Rayalaseema region of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, Kadapa is often referred to as the "Heart of Rayalaseema." Located near the Pedda River, Kadapa functions as the district headquarters of Kadapa district. The Nallamala and Palkonda Hills surround the city. Kadapa is known for its black and red ferrous soils. The city has been ruled by various dynasties such as the Nizams, the Cholas, the Vijayanagara Empire and even the Kingdom of Mysore. Kadapa is also known for its delectable cuisine belonging to the Rayalaseema food culture. The economy of Kadapa is largely fuelled by agriculture and mining. The residents of this region are mostly employed in Government jobs and Private sector jobs. Quite a few residents are involved in businesses and the hospitality industry. The area is known for its educational institutions such as Hyderabad Public School, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, KSRM College of Engineering, Yogi Vemana University, etc. The city is well connected to all nearby cities through roads and railways. It also houses an airport,
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.