Gwalior is a city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is also the largest city in the state. It is rapidly developing into a smart city. The city is the administrative headquarter of the Gwalior District, divided into 60 wards for administrative purposes. One of the main concerns of this city is its pollution levels as it has the highest levels of air pollution among all Indian cities. The economy of Gwalior is boosted by trade, market hubs and agriculture. Wheat, jowar, paddy, and pulses are the chief crops cultivated in the area. There are many sandstone quarries in and around the city. Three major industrial areas in the vicinity of the city add to the citys economic growth. The industrial belts at Sitholi, Banmore and Malanpur mainly focus on dairy, chemical and textiles. The city is known for educational institutes like the Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management and the ITM University. Gwalior serves as the tourism capital of Madhya Pradesh. The dramatic and dominant Gwalior Fort located atop a hill is the main attraction of this city. People from all over the country visit Gwalior to explore this beautiful fort as well as for other attractions like the Scindia museum, Saas-bahu temple, Gwalior temple, Jaivilas Mahal, Man Singh Palace, Madhav national park, Jain Rock Sculptures, etc. Gwalior is famous for its old marketplaces. The Maharaj Bada, Ghas Mandi, Loha Mandi and Hazira are centuries old marketplaces with ancient buildings displaying different styles of architecture that still remain in the city, contrasting the modern shopping malls that have recently come up.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.