The city of Chandrapur is situated in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is a municipal corporation in Chandrapur district and serves as the center of governance of the eponymous district. Chandrapur was originally a Fort city that was founded by a Gond king by the name of Khandakya Ballal Sah in the 13th century. Situated at the confluence of Rivers Irai and Zarpat, the area surrounding the city is rich in minerals, especially coal. Therefore, Chandrapur is popularly known as the "black gold city." The city experiences a hot and dry climate. Chandrapur has around 3.8 lakh residents who mostly speak in Marathi. The natives belonging to the Gond tribe use the Gondi language, whereas Telugu is also widely spoken by Telugu settlers in Chandrapur. Most of the residents are fluent in Hindi and many can speak English. Coal mining mainly fuels the economy of this city, backed by other emerging industries such as cement making, paper manufacturing, and ferroalloy manufacturing. The Chandrapur Super Thermal Power Station employs thousands of residents and also supplies more than 25% of Maharashtras electricity. The Tadoba National Tiger Reserve in the vicinity of Chandrapur is a major attraction for tourists and environmentalists.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.