Tadepalligudem, also known as TPG, is located in West Godavari in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It has a municipality and the headquarters of Tadepalligudem is situated in the Elluru division. The demographics of the city is fascinating with the sex-ratio at 1022 females per 1000 males. The population constitutes of 51,378 males and 52,528 females and the total population adds up to 103,906. One of the striking features of this city is the high literacy rate, 83.10% much higher than the national literacy rate of 73%. It is not surprising that the city has a large number of schools and colleges. The towns and cities surrounding Tadepalligudem include Bhimadalu, Dabacherla, Madhavaram etc. The historical significance of Tadepalligudem in World War 2 cannot be overstated. It was a military base for the East India Company and the Britishers constructed an airport in the city for sending military off to the War. However, the airport has not been modified for commercial use, once it is renovated suited for commercial purposes, the trade and commerce in the city can also improve. Tadepalligudem is famous for its jaggery market and rice cultivation. While Maharashtra has the tag of the largest producer of jaggery, Tadipalligudam is considered as the chief producer of jaggery. Tadepalligudem has the largest rice mill in the entire district. Along with rice mills, food, fat and fertilizer industries are also moderately successful in this region. Transportation is a big industry in this town, with more than 6000 transport vehicles, the transport industry of Tadepalligudem is comparable to the coastal capital of Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada.
the Bank of Maharashtra is a significant public sector bank in India owned by the government of India with 81.61% of the total shares. As of 5 April 2016, The bank had 15 million customers across the country and network of 1897 branches. It has the most extensive network of offices by any public sector bank in the state of Maharashtra. It was founded by V. G. Kale and D. K. Sathe, and on 16 September 1935, registered as a banking company at Pune with an authorized capital of ? 1 million. It began its operations on 8 February 1936. Banks financial assistance to small units has found many of todays industrial houses. In 1938, the second branch of the bank was opened at Fort, Bombay(currently Mumbai). The bank expanded rapidly after nationalization in 1969. Mr. Sushil Muhnot was the former Managing Director and Chairman before Mr. Ravindra Prabhakar Marathe, who is the current MD and CEO of the Bank of Maharashtra. In 1998, the bank had achieved autonomous status after moving into A category from C due to which it has limited interference of Government authority in its decision-making process and internal affairs. In 2004, it was listed in Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange of India.