Chinsurah is a town on the banks of the Hooghly river in the Hooghly district of the Indian state of West Bengal. It is often known by the name Hooghly-Chinsura or Chuchura. The town functions as the administrative headquarters of the Hooghly district. Chinsurah was a Dutch settlement prior to the Indian independence. Chinsurah was used as a base for trade in various commodities such as saltpeter, spices, cotton and indigo. The town of Chinsurah has nearly 3 lakh residents and Bengali is the most commonly used language. The town is connected to the nearby cities of Kolkata and Bardhaman through railway as it is situated on the Howrah-Bardhaman main line. The Grand Trunk Road or the G.T.Road passes through the town. Ferry services on River Hooghly connects Chinsurah to Naihati in the district of North 24 Parganas. Most of the residents of this town travel to the metro city of Kolkata for work. The District Court building at Chinsurah is known to be the longest building in the state. Chinsurah also has the oldest Armenian church in India. The Hooghly Imambara, the Edwardian clock tower called Ghorir More, the temple of Mahishmardini, the temple of Shandeshwar and the Bandel Church nearby are places worth visiting in Chinsurah. There are some famous educational institutions in Chinsurah - the Hooghly Mohsin college, Collegiate school, Don Bosco and Auxilium Convent are seats of profound education in this town.
the Bank of Maharashtra is a significant public sector bank in India owned by the government of India with 81.61% of the total shares. As of 5 April 2016, The bank had 15 million customers across the country and network of 1897 branches. It has the most extensive network of offices by any public sector bank in the state of Maharashtra. It was founded by V. G. Kale and D. K. Sathe, and on 16 September 1935, registered as a banking company at Pune with an authorized capital of ? 1 million. It began its operations on 8 February 1936. Banks financial assistance to small units has found many of todays industrial houses. In 1938, the second branch of the bank was opened at Fort, Bombay(currently Mumbai). The bank expanded rapidly after nationalization in 1969. Mr. Sushil Muhnot was the former Managing Director and Chairman before Mr. Ravindra Prabhakar Marathe, who is the current MD and CEO of the Bank of Maharashtra. In 1998, the bank had achieved autonomous status after moving into A category from C due to which it has limited interference of Government authority in its decision-making process and internal affairs. In 2004, it was listed in Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange of India.