Rewa is a thriving city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. The city is known for hosting the worlds first white tiger safari that was established at Mukundpur by the Central Zoo Authority of India. The city of Rewa has more than 2 million residents. It experiences a humid subtropical climate, with torrid summers, humid monsoons and cool misty winters. Rewa is known for its diversified economic base. The intricate handicrafts produced by the people of Rewa spread over various forms such as paintings, terracotta, marble articles, silver arts, etc. Rewa is also rich in mineral resources. A large variety of important minerals such as limestone, sandstone, phosphate, asbestos, calcite, talc are found in and around the city. These have become major driving resources behind the various industries based in the city. Agriculture is a leading contributor to the citys economy. The Major crops grown in the area are Maize and Jowar during the Kharif season and Wheat and Mustard during the Rabi season. Additionally, pulses, groundnut and several vegetables are also cultivated at Rewa. The Jawahar Lal Nehru University of Agriculture and Technology is one of the major educational institutes in the area. Rewa is also a shopping destination as it has a thriving retail market. The Vindhya Mahotsav is celebrated at Rewa in April every year. The main purpose of organizing this festival is to promote the culture, business and handicrafts of Rewa.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.