Narasaraopet is situated in the Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh. The municipal town functions as the headquarter of the Narasaraopet revenue division and the Narasaraopet Mandal. Narasaraopet has received its name from a wealthy landlord who earlier owned most of the surrounding areas, known as Narasa Rao. This town is the major commercial trading center in the Guntur district. it also has a lot of educational institutes. The town is surrounded by many engineering, dental, PG and pharmacy colleges. The town of Narasaraopet was built on flat land surrounded by hilly extensions of the Eastern Ghats. Narasaraopet experiences exceptionally hot summers and mild winters. Monsoon rains are concentrated in the months of July?September. The town is home to more than 1 lakh residents who mostly speak in Telugu. A major religious fair dedicated to Lord Shiva is held at Kotappakonda located near Narasaraopet and it is an attractive tourist destination.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.