Morena is located in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is situated in the Chambal division of the state and houses the administrative headquarters of the Morena district. The area was once notorious for dacoits, who terrorized the residents and plundered everything. It has now become a safer place and its 3 lakh residents can peacefully live their lives in the city. Many industrial units have been set up at Morena and the place has gained importance in terms of business and commerce. Located in the basin of the Chambal River, Morena has a tract of rich alluvial soil in some areas where wheat and oilseeds are widely cultivated. Morena has some quarries for building stones. There are forest areas which are inhabited by peacocks. The city is known for its sweets - Gajak is a traditional sweet made of sesame and jaggery and manufactured at Morena during winter; Malpua, made of flour and jaggery, is another delicious sweet that Morena is known for. Tourism is a major economic source in this city. The areas worth visiting in and around Morena are National Chambal Gharial Wildlife Sanctuary, Pahargarh cave paintings, Sabalgarh Fort, Sersaini Fort, Jain Temples and various Hindu temples.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.