Mirzapur is an important city in Uttar Pradesh. It hosts more than two million residents. The Ganges meets with Vindhya Range in the vicinity of the city and thus accounts for the scenic locations. The city is encompassed by several hills and has many waterfalls and natural spots. It functions as the headquarter of the Mirzapur district. Mirzapur is known for its carpets and brassware industries which are manufactured in the city and exported worldwide. These industries drive the economy of the city. The city was mostly built by the British and hosts plenty of memorials and architectural wonders from the colonial era. The clock tower in Mirzapur is highly significant as the longitude of Indian Standard Time at 82.5? passes through it and the Indian Standard Time is calculated from here. Mirzapur is known for the holy shrine of Vindhyachal, Ashtbhuja and Kali Khoh. It hosts the famous Devrahwa Baba ashram.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.